Honey Ginger Whiskey Lemonade
We have created the perfect refreshing cocktail for those hot summer nights, by just adding a little twist to a favorite summer staple, lemonade.
Honey and ginger go so well together, and a splash of lemon seals the deal. Garnished with a sprig of thyme, this simple recipe will quench your thirst and please your taste buds. Pour over ice and enjoy!
HONEY GINGER WHISKEY LEMONADE
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 3 ounces of fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup Catskill Provisions raw wildflower honey
- 2 ounces of Catskill Provisions NY Honey Rye Whiskey
- Fresh sprigs of thyme
- Cut ginger into thin slices (no need to peel). In a small saucepan, bring the water, honey, ginger and 2 sprigs of thyme to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cover. Steep for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Strain ginger and thyme pieces, then mix the infused syrup with fresh lemon juice in a pitcher and chill.
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour whiskey in first, then fill with 6 ounces of ginger lemonade.
- Add a few fresh slices of lemon and stir well. Garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme, serve and enjoy!